Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You know we'll have a good time then

Pending the completion of both internships, I will be an SLP this summer. My last exam results came back today, and I passed the last of my hoop-jumping certification/licensure exams.

It means that I got through my 2 year graduate program without having to do one remediation project (a feat because any project/assignment/quiz/exam you took in the actual program and scored below an 80 on meant completing a second project to prove you understood the material) or retake any exam (which means a few hundred bucks and hours of my time that I didn't have to part with again).

I should maybe celebrate, or feel relieved, or something. But, as was the case with the past 2 years, by the time you realize you have something to celebrate, you are already up to your eyeballs in the next all consuming part of your life.

One day, I'll need to remember to learn how to re-align my thinking to not be about the next big hurdle, but to be about the here and now. Because it's really disenchanting to constantly be living for "in the future, when...".

But that learning will have to take place after my internships are over. Because they're already the hurdle being tackled.

1 comment:

  1. So, so proud of you! I never had any doubt that you could do it and we WILL celebrate, as soon as you are ready :)

    ReplyDelete